Swiss International announced its first hotel in Nepal, Swiss International Hotel Sarowar in Pokhara. The hotel which already welcoming guests, will officially open in September 2018.
Following a management agreement with Hotel Sarowar Pvt. Ltd, Swiss International to operate the Hotel Sarowar in Pokhara, Nepal as ‘Swiss International Hotel Sarowar’.
Swiss International Hotel Sarowar is the initiative of two brothers- Prof. Dr. Bharat Pahari, an Engineer having experience of more than 35years in teaching and engineering and Dr. Mohan Pahari, a medical doctor with more than 20 years’ experience. Hospitality is not new to Pahari family. Hotel Sarowar began its journey in the early 70’s as a family owned small guest house in the lakeside, Pokhara.
Swiss International Hotel Sarowar is today a completely newly built hotel, built as a climate responsive building and is unique of its type. It is the only property in town designed and developed with eco-friendly and sustainable practice. The hotel will use solar energy as the primary source for its electrical load. To further complement the much-valued Swiss International’s sustainability, the hotel will be recycling organic waste used by the hotel and will make use of geo-thermal heating and cooling for two floors of the hotel.
Mr. Henri Kennedie, President of Swiss International commented:” Working together with the Pahari’s has been more than a joy. The technical sustainable aspects of the hotel are very impressive. That combined with our introduction of Swiss hospitality, will create a unique experience in beautiful Pokhara”.
Swiss International Hotel Sarowar is located just steps away from the historic main street, Lakeside, which is city’s most famous and vibrant entertainment, shopping, dining and outdoor attractions hub.
The hotel’s facilities include:
- 96 upscale and comfortable rooms and suites
- Eventives, for Meetings and Events of 10,000 square feet is the largest capacity of up to 700 guests
- Swiss Café, Restaurant & Lounge, an all-day dining restaurant on the ground floor.
- Noodles & Rice, an all Asian restaurant
- Ted & Co, Bar & Lounge
- An Inspirations Pool Bar and Grill
- A spacious rooftop lounge bar in Lakeside (tallest space in the vicinity) with the capacity of 150 guests, where guest can enjoy small bites and a wide variety of domestic and imported cocktails, beers, and wines while enjoying the stunning views of the city, the famous Pewa lake and the surrounding Himalaya mountain range.
- A full service world-class professional spa, yoga & fitness center operated by the largest chain of spas and founder of the first School of spa and beauty therapy in Nepal (Tranquility Spa)
- An outdoor temperature-controlled swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
- Free Parking Facilities